“Big Setback”: Former Indian badminton coach Vimal Kumar Thomas and Uber Cup on postponement. Badminton news




Former India badminton coach Vimal Kumar on Tuesday attributed the withdrawal made by Asian countries Thomas and Uber Cup final postponement, Called it a “big shock” to the game. The prestigious men’s and women’s team event was postponed for next year by the Badminton World Federation (BWF), due to the COVID-19 epidemic, a wave of pullout by top teams, mainly from Asia.

Vimal told PTI, “What Asian countries have done is really disappointing. There are no major problems in these countries. They are doing local programs there, so getting out like this is a big shock.”

The event was to be held in Aarhus, Denmark from 3 to 11 October to resume international badminton after a coronovirus-forced break.

India had announced both men and women for the event. However, after Indonesia and South Korea join Thailand, Australia, Chinese Taipei and Algeria on Friday Due to the dreaded disease, the BWF decided to pursue the program next year.

Vimal said: “It was an ideal way to revive the circuit. The stage was there. We are not as big as China but India was positive, we wanted to participate but if the big countries don’t play, then what BWF. Can do?” How will they handle the events? I will blame the Asian nation for this mess. ‘

Although, the international body decided to go ahead with the Denmark Open in Odense, the HSBC BWF World Tour event, as originally planned on 13–18 October, while the Denmark Masters was canceled which was 20–20. Was slated for 25 October.

The decision to go ahead with the Denmark Open left some Indian players, including PV Sindhu, Saina Nehwal And Parupalli Kashyap, confused.

“We are still confused as to what to do under the circumstances. Saina has got a visa to Denmark and I have applied for it, but we are still not involved,” Kashyap said.

“There are many questions like if I test positive, will I be sent back home or will I have to stay there for 14 days? Who takes care of expenses and responsibility?”

The Badminton Association of India (BAI) on Tuesday wrote letters to the players who have sent their entries for the Denmark Open, stating that they will “participate in their journey or carry out their responsibilities due to the current epidemic” and give them their consent Will have to be sent within 17 September ”.

Kashyap said, “I received a letter from the BAI asking to submit consent to participate. This is an open tournament, so that’s fine. We will call in the next 3-4 days about participation.” “

Female doubles player N. Sikki Reddy Did not seem optimistic. “We decided that we cannot travel for just one tournament but if Asia leg is happening then we will think about it. Also if we have to go to Denmark then we have to submit a consent letter within the next two days. “

Vimal said: “I understand that players are worried, but they have to do it. It’s an individual sport, look at how tennis players have done, the government can’t always do everything for you .

“Players need competition and if you are eager to play then just go and play and if you are under too much stress then it is better to leave it.”

The participation of Olympic silver medalist Sindhu also looked suspicious.

“We have sent the entry, but we have to wait and watch because going to an event, testing and following the quarantine rules … we need to discuss with the coach, last year. Look at the results (for ranking points) and then take a decision, ”said Sindhu’s father Raman.

“We have until September 27-28 to take a call,” he said.

Promoted

Men’s singles player Subhankar Dey, winner of the 2018 Saarlorex Open and who has spent a lot of time playing in the Denmark Badminton League, said he would participate in the Denmark Open and has already started processing his visa.

“We’ve been out of action for so many months, so it’s important to play and compete.” This is the new normal now and we have to go with it. I have already handed over the consent letter to BAI and I am trying to get my visa, ”said the self-funded shuttler.

Topics mentioned in this article

.

Latest news

Kamakhya temple of Assam will open from 24 September but with restrictions

Kamakhya temple in Assam has been closed for six months due to the coronia virus epidemic.Guwahati: After being closed for more than six...

China’s Bytdans held no “control”, Donald Trump did not make any Tickcock deal

Donald Trump said that Oracle and Walmart are going to have total control over it (Tickcock).Washington: President Donald Trump on Monday doubted a...

British-French actor and “James Bond” villain Michael Lonsdale at 89

Michael Lonsdale died at his home in Paris.Paris: Michael Lonsdale, a British-French actor with a far-reaching film and theater career, but most identified...

A. Raja opposes pleas for early appeal hearing in Kanimozhi 2G case

A. Raja, Kanimozhi (in the picture), Shahid Balwa and others opposed the CBI and ED's arguments (File)new Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A Raja,...

Related news

Kamakhya temple of Assam will open from 24 September but with restrictions

Kamakhya temple in Assam has been closed for six months due to the coronia virus epidemic.Guwahati: After being closed for more than six...

China’s Bytdans held no “control”, Donald Trump did not make any Tickcock deal

Donald Trump said that Oracle and Walmart are going to have total control over it (Tickcock).Washington: President Donald Trump on Monday doubted a...

British-French actor and “James Bond” villain Michael Lonsdale at 89

Michael Lonsdale died at his home in Paris.Paris: Michael Lonsdale, a British-French actor with a far-reaching film and theater career, but most identified...

A. Raja opposes pleas for early appeal hearing in Kanimozhi 2G case

A. Raja, Kanimozhi (in the picture), Shahid Balwa and others opposed the CBI and ED's arguments (File)new Delhi: Former Telecom Minister A Raja,...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here