To spread awareness about the ongoing coronavirus epidemic, Google through its animated doodles reminded people to wear masks today.
All the letters in the doodle are shown wearing face masks of different colors and patterns. It is also associated with a series of steps that are aimed at preventing the spread of the deadly virus.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Maintain a safe distance from anyone who coughs or sneezes.
- Wear masks when physical disturbances are not possible.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- When you cough or sneeze, cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue.
- If you feel unwell then stay home.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, then pay attention to therapy.
- By calling in advance, your healthcare provider can quickly direct you to the right healthcare facility. It protects you, and prevents the spread of viruses and other infections.
The link also provides information on how masks can help prevent the spread of the virus that a person wears from one to another. Masks alone do not protect against COVID-19, and should be combined with physical distance and hand hygiene. Follow the advice given by your local health authority.
Globally, as of Tuesday evening, there have been 29,155,581 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 926,544 deaths, the WHO reported.