There are very few combinations that taste as good as spinach, corn, and cheese. This holy trinity constitutes a nutritious meal in itself, or even as a filling inside sandwiches, samosas or patties. The sandwich is a quick and simple snack for those untimely hunger pains, and when paired with a delicious filling is all you might need to eat. This restaurant style spinach and corn sandwich is the ultimate recipe to soothe hunger while loading up on good taste.
Learn here how to make restaurant style spinach and corn sandwiches at home.
- Start by preparing a basic white sauce. Put butter and maida in a non-stick pan and let it brown on low heat. Now add milk and mix well to avoid lumps.
- Mix a cup of corn, cream and spinach leaves in the pan. Stir continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cook for a few minutes. Then, add spices like white sesame powder, nutmeg powder and salt to filter.
- Mix well to cover everything together and cover the lid.
- Add grated cheese to the filling and mix again. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Butter a few slices of bread and fill a small amount of eyelid-corn inside each slice.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and cover it with other slices.
- Grill the sandwich for 5-7 minutes. Cut it and serve fresh!
Watch the complete recipe video of Palak Corn Sandwich here:
– NDTV Food (@NDTVFood) 7 July 2020
Try the recipe and let us know how you liked it in the comments below!
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves to talk and meet her favorite food (especially those who like wedge momos). Plus points if you get his bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat.