If you are familiar with Korean food, we are sure you must know about “Kimchi”. For those unaware, it is a dish made from fermented vegetables, including carrots, Napa cabbage and daikon radishes. It has a variety of flavors, including garlic, gochugaru, and green onions. This main dish has gradually gained popularity around the world. Apart from all this, kimchi is extremely nutritious and healthy. It is good for gut and heart health. So, if this description has piqued your interest in the food item, then you must include it in your diet. And one of the most delicious ways kimchi can be fried rice. Thinking of a recipe? Chef Guntas has shared a delicious version of kimchi fried rice on Instagram.
For the caption, she mentioned, “Kimchi is a star ingredient! It can literally transform any dish and make it an absolute delight. This Kimchi Fried Rice is all you need to add some spice and tang to your boring day !”
1) Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
2) Garlic (chopped) – 1 tbsp
3) Onion (chopped) – 1
4) Carrot – 1
5) Kimchi (roughly chopped) – tbsp
6) Kimchi Liquid – 2 tbsp
7) Cooked rice – 2 cups
8) Gochujang – 1 tbsp
9) Light soy sauce – 1 tbsp
10) Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
11) Rice wine vinegar – 1 tbsp
How to make Kimchi Fried Rice?
1) First take kimchi and cut it. Keep it aside. now, take embroidery, and heat some cooking oil in it. Add finely chopped garlic, green onions and carrots and basically whatever vegetables you like. Mix well.
2) Then, add the kimchi (roughly chopped), followed by the gochujang, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar and kimchi water. Mix all these well. Add the remaining white rice to it.
3) Add some chopped green onions to it. Give it a good mix. Kimchi Fried Rice is ready.
4) Chef Guntas also mentioned that you can use some greens on top and sesame seeds for garnishing.
Also, the chef has also mentioned some important tips that will help you while preparing this rice:
1) If you want to make perfect kimchi fried rice, then use leftover rice kept in the fridge overnight. It is the best for this recipe.
2) Use kimchi juice to add more flavor to your recipe. It adds a velvety texture to fried rice.
(Also Read: Egg And Mushroom Fried Rice: You Will Love Your Choice Of Chinese Dish In This New Avatar)
Next time, if you have leftover rice at home and you are bored with regular rice recipes, prepare this delicious Kimchi Fried Rice. you will like it.