Now it is necessary to link Aadhar with IRCTC otherwise this hurdle will come
Currently, the identity of every citizen of India is their Aadhar card. Aadhar card is now mandatory from the opening of a bank account to the child’s school admission. Even if you are going somewhere, the airport and hotel will also need this as proof of identity during check-in. And now that Indian Railways has made some major changes in the ticket booking system, linking your IRCTC account with Aadhaar card will also benefit you, especially when you travel more due to your work.
Read this: No one will be able to see your WhatsApp profile picture without your permission, follow these easy tips
Actually the Indian Railways viz. Indian Railways, has already started allowing passengers to link Aadhaar with their IRCTC account. Any passenger who links it to their account can book 24 train tickets per month, not 12 as before, but now from their account.
Benefits of Linking Aadhar Card with IRCTC
From last week itself, Indian Railways has made this big change and increased the online train ticket booking limit from 12 to 24 per month with IRCTC account. But you can book more than 12 or maximum 24 tickets only if you link your Aadhar card with your IRCTC account. If you also want to link your Aadhar card then it is really easy. Let’s talk about how we can do this.
How to Link Aadhar Card with IRCTC Account
- First, visit the Indian Railways IRCTC website (www.irctc.co.in).
- Now login to your IRCTC account. If the account has not been created, first click on “Register” and register with your name, username, password, security question(s) and its answer. And then log in now.
- Now login here with username, password and captcha code.
- Now click on “My Account” and find the “Link Adhaar” option ie. to link your Aadhar card.
- Now the KYC process will start.
- Here you fill all the information written on Aadhaar like name, phone number, Aadhaar number etc and submit.
- Now the OTP will come on the mobile number you have entered.
- Once you enter this OTP, the process will complete and your Aadhaar will be linked to your IRCTC account.