The Premier League and its clubs emphasized their commitment to safety.© AFP
Premier League clubs on Thursday urged the government to stick to their proposal to allow partial withdrawal of fans in stadiums from 1 October. British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said he would review the target date for ministers last week Crowd back After a spike in coronavirus cases. The pilot event is currently restricted to 1,000 spectators. The English top-flight was forced to end up behind closed doors and a new campaign has begun in empty stadiums.
The Premier League and its clubs emphasized their commitment to safety after the meeting on Thursday.
“Safety remains the number-one priority and clubs reiterate their commitment to ensuring Premier League stadiums will be among the safest public spaces through effective use of a wide range of mitigation measures.” Premier League Said in a statement.
“Clubs will adopt a range of common standards, which will help provide a bio-safe, safe environment for fans across the league.”
Top Flight Club The loss of the match’s revenue was said to have a “significant effect” during the league and throughout the football pyramid.
“Considering the high safety standards that will be established by the Premier League in conjunction with relevant public officials, the league and the club urge the government to commit to an October 1 date for a controlled return of fans to the sports venues , “The statement said.
This weekend, seven English Football League matches are to be played in the second, third and fourth tiers in front of a crowd of over 1,000 people.
The government allowed EFL to use selected fixtures as a pilot event to reproduce the Venue on a socially distorted basis to the audience.
Topics mentioned in this article