Uttar Pradesh News
Akhilesh Yadav’s new plan: meeting in Bengal, rhythm in Amethi … the cycle will take place in the fort of Congress in the third exercise of the front
Akhilesh wants to get out of this rut. He told Azamgarh that the SP alliance will contest UP’s 80 seats in the Lok Sabha. Now, after Amethi’s tour on Monday, he said, “SP is committed to eradicating poverty from Amethi.”
Why so hard on Congress?
So far, the SP has not obtained any electoral advantages of friendship with the Congress. In national politics, the “side effects” of Congress also come into play when the SP competes with the BJP on the side of Congress. The stage is also preparing for the Third Front for the 2024 elections, which Akhilesh is also riding on.
Opposition leader Akhilesh Yadav chose to sit out during House Leader Yogi Adityanath’s budget response to the Assembly to attend Stalin’s birthday on March 1. The third front is equidistant from Congress-BJP. Therefore, Akhilesh does not want to have any “illusions” either.
Why are you doing strategy in Bengal?
After about 10 years, a two-day SP national executive meeting will again be held in Kolkata from March 18. In Bengal, where SP has no land, the exercise of deciding future strategy is seen as the tradition of Mulayam and an attempt to deepen friendship with Mamta Banerjee. Mulayam called the party’s working committee five times in Kolkata.
At the same time, Mamta had come to UP in 2022 to campaign for SP. We’re talking about Mamta Banerjee at the next SP meeting. Akhilesh is trying to further strengthen this friendship in the exercise of national expansion of the party and its stature.
what did akhilesh say
I was deeply saddened to see the plight of the poor women of Amethi. VIPs have always won and lost here, but the condition is the same here, so what about the rest of the state. Next time, Amethi will not elect big personalities but personalities with a big heart. SP is committed to eradicating poverty from Amethi.
friendly fight like this
- SP did not fight at Amethi against Sonia Gandhi in 1999 and against Rahul from 2004 to 2019
- From 2009 to 2019, Sonia had the SP surprise in Rae Bareli
- Congress did not challenge Mulayam, Tej Pratap, Dimple in Mainpuri from 2009 to 2022, however, challenged Mulayam from Azamgarh in 2014.
- Between 2009 and 2019, Congress did not field a candidate against Akhilesh or Dimple of Kannauj. However, in the 2009 Firozabad by-election Raj Babbar of Congress defeated Dimple Yadav.
- Azamgarh vs Akhilesh in 2019, Firozabad vs Akshay Yadav. Walkover for Akhilesh-Shivpal in 2022 as well.