Connect with us

World News

Alec Baldwin’s cell phone not found despite search warrant, says police in movie shooting case

Published

on

Police are probing how live ammunition could be present on the set

Los Angeles:

US spies said Thursday they are waiting for Alec Baldwin’s cell phone, despite receiving a warrant for it last month, as they gather evidence in connection with the fatal shooting of a cinematographer on the set of the movie “Rust”.

Baldwin was brandishing a Colt gun during rehearsals for a low-budget western being filmed in New Mexico in October when he released a live round that killed Helena Hutchins.

Police are probing how ammunition could have been present on the sets, which are strictly prohibited in the film industry, to avoid such mishaps.

Investigators obtained a warrant for Baldwin’s phone in mid-December, stating that “there may be evidence on the phone” that may be “material and relevant to this investigation”, in relation to Baldwin’s production and Citing various text messages and emails sent from “Jung.”

Baldwin, 63, was both the film’s star and producer.

The warrant states that Baldwin exchanged emails with the film’s armorer about the type of gun used in the scene.

“To date, cell phones have not been handed over to officers,” the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.

Investigators contacted Baldwin’s lawyers to obtain the phone, but without success. The statement said the sheriff’s office then sought assistance from the Santa Fe District Attorney, who began negotiations to get the actor to voluntarily turn over his phone, “due to jurisdictional concerns.”

Baldwin posted an exciting video over the weekend in which he insisted he was complying with the investigation into Hutchins’ death.

“Any suggestion that I am not complying with requests or orders or demands or search warrants regarding my phone is nonsense, it is a lie,” he said.

Baldwin said officials in New Mexico had to coordinate with officials in New York state to obtain the phone, where he lives. “It’s a process that takes time.”

Investigators have yet to file criminal charges over the tragedy, and have declined to deny charges against anyone, including Baldwin.

In his first major interview since the shooting, Baldwin said in December that he had been told the gun contained no live ammunition, and that Hutchins had instructed him to point the gun in his direction as he Ready to film this scene.

Baldwin told ABC that he does not feel guilty for Hutchins’ death, adding that he began to pick up the gun when he was shot, but did not pull the trigger.

(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

,

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *