Connect with us

World News

someone is responsible, but not me

Published

on


Alec Baldwin said he was told the gun was “cold”.

Los Angeles, United States of America:

Alec Baldwin said he does not feel guilty for Helena Hutchins’ death on the set of “Rust”, as he explained that he began to raise the gun that killed the cinematographer but did not pull the trigger.

In his first major interview since the October tragedy in New Mexico, the American actor told ABC, “I think someone is responsible for what happened and I can’t say who he is. But I know that This is not me.”

“I mean, I’m honest to God, if I thought I was responsible, I probably would have killed myself,” he said in the interview aired on Thursday.

Baldwin was rehearsing a scene on the low-budget western Colt when he was branding .45, releasing a live round that struck Hutchins and director Joel Souza, who survived.

The former “30 Rock” star said the criminal investigation should focus on finding out who brought the rounds live on the set of “Rust.”

“I have nothing to hide,” he said.

Elaborating on the incident, Baldwin said that he was told the gun was “cold”—industry lingo for a firearm with no live ammunition—and Hutchins asked him to point the gun in his direction. directed as she was ready to make the film. Scene.

“I let go of the hammer. Explode. The gun is gone,” he said.

“Everyone is horrified. They’re shocked. It’s loud. They don’t have their earplugs… The gun should have been empty. I was told I was given an empty gun.”

Baldwin said he initially thought Hutchins might have fainted or had a heart attack, and was only told that he had been killed with survival hours later after a lengthy police interview.

He dismissed the suggestion that the live rounds on set may have been projected as an act of sabotage, saying that “it was highly likely it was an accident.”

Baldwin, along with others who worked on “Rust,” are facing two civil lawsuits, while prosecutors have refused to rule out criminal charges.

He said he would be “shocked” if Hutchins’ husband did not file a lawsuit against the producers, including himself.

The tragedy has stunned Hollywood, and calls for a permanent ban on guns from the sets.

Baldwin said he had been called a “murderer” since the incident, but some critics dispute the claim that it was an actor’s responsibility to investigate the weapons.

But, he said, the tragedy had changed things for him.

“I can’t imagine I would ever do a film that had a gun,” Baldwin said.

(Except for the title, this story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

,

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *